REPORTS TO: Director of Operations and/or Production Manager
JOB SUMMARY: Positions and/or aligns components/parts, manually using hand tools or machines to assemble parts in a manufacturing environment. Conducts quality control checks to ensure proper fit.
MAIN JOB TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepares work to be accomplished by following instructions/drawings/parts lists; gathering parts, subassemblies, tools, and materials.
- Positions parts and/or subassemblies using fixtures as required
- Assembles components by examining connections for correct fit; fastening parts and/or subassemblies.
- Verifies specifications by either visual inspection, measuring, or testing of completed component.
- Resolves/reports any assembly problems by caused by dimensional issues that do not meet specifications. Notifies supervisor to obtain additional resources.
- Keeps equipment operational by following manufacturer's or company specific instructions and is able to perform basic troubleshooting, calling for repairs when required.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with safe Work Procedures, rules, policies, and regulations.
- Assists in maintaining supplies inventory by visually checking stock to determine inventory levels. Anticipates needed supplies and reports any potential shortages.
- Conserves resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
- Documents actions by completing production time cards via our bar-code system and when applicable any quality related forms.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Can be required to reference technical instructions and/or drawings.
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent
- The ability to speak clear, articulate English is a necessity
- Ability to take direction and follow instructions (physical, written and oral)
- Previous manufacturing experience not required
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Information gathering and monitoring skills
- Problem analysis and problem-solving skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Manual dexterity
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Goal driven
- Fast-paced environment
- Lifting/moving up to 50 lbs
Tecvalco Ltd. is committed to providing accommodations to any persons with disabilities and will work with applicants requesting accommodation during the application and recruitment process. Please inform the Human Resources department for accommodation needs. We thank all interested applicants, however, only those invited for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $18.00-$20.00 per hour