QUALITY CONTROL TECHNICIAN
Tecvalco Ltd. is both a premier distributor and a manufacturer that – through hard work, honesty, and integrity – provides products that are both great value and high quality engineered specifically to the Natural Gas, City, HDD, Utility Contractor and Wholesale Industries in Canada. For more information, visit our website https://www.tecvalco.com/.
Tecvalco provides company-paid health and dental benefits and access to a company match RRSP. Tecvalco Ltd. is currently looking for hard-working and safety-conscious team players to join our Quality Assurance team.
Department: Quality Assurance (McMillan)
Reports to: Quality Control Manager
Job Summary: The Quality Control Technician position is responsible for the inspection and testing of products, documenting and then develop checklists, procedures and processes to maintain excellent quality standards going forward.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Provide In-Process inspections and generate reports as required for:
- Incoming material and goods
- CNC machined parts
- Sub assemblies visually
- Finished goods visually
- Test completed regulators to ensure they meet Tecvalco and Customer requirements
- Create nonconformance reports for parts and products found to be out of specification.
- Assist with the determination of corrective, preventative actions and root cause of issues found
- Perform calibration/verification on precision measuring instruments
- Assist with the determination of root causes and preventative measures on quality issues
- Create and maintain QC documentation
- Actively participates in the implementation and daily routines of the ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System
- Actively participates and cooperates with internal/external ISO Audits
- Other duties as required
- 1-2 years experience in a manufacturing environment
- Proficient using precision measuring equipment: Vernier Caliper, Height Gage, Micrometer, etc.
- Ability to read engineering drawings
- Versed using Microsoft Office
- Experience in quality control or quality assurance, preferably an ISO9001 environment
- Experience with natural gas products and industry standards (i.e., CSA) an asset.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing in English
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong leadership skills
- Good organizational skills
- Ability to read and understand blueprints/drawings
- Fast-paced environment
- Manual dexterity
- Lifting/moving up to 50 lbs
Job Type: Full-time