Customer Service Representative
Department: Sales Department
Reports to: Manager of Customer Service
Customer Service representatives are responsible for processing customer orders and ensuring customer satisfaction of product and service delivery. Customer service personnel develop and maintain customer relations, determine whether customer orders may be met or whether alternatives are available, and make discretionary decisions regarding pricing.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Process customer orders in a timely manner
- Develop and maintain a customer database
- Maintain sales activity records and prepare sales reports
- Work with Finance to request invoices if required
- Respond to sales inquiries and concerns by phone, electronically or in person
- Ensure customer service satisfaction and good client relationships
- Work with Warehouse staff to ensure customer deliveries/pick ups can be met
- Monitor and report on sales activities and follow up for management
- Follow policy for quotes and orders
- Monitor and track customer backorders
- Request freight quotes
- Analyze customer needs to identify sales opportunities
- Process customer returns and repairs
- Other duties as required
- Must have high school diploma
- Knowledge of customer service principles
- Knowledge of basic business principles
- Knowledge of relevant computer applications
*Knowledge of underground gas products an asset
- Planning and strategizing
- Verbal and written communication
- Negotiation skills
- Resilience and tenacity
- Stress tolerance
- Goal driven
- Get along with in a consistently friendly way fellow workers and managers, customers, and suppliers.
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure while remaining accurate, composed and positive.
- The ability to speak clear, articulate English is necessary.
- Able to work with a minimum amount of supervision.
- Fast-paced environment
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent